* Competitors may be individuals, civil society organizations, or small private companies
* Public entities (educational institutions, municipalities or other public institutions) are not eligible.
* People and/or organizations that are family members and/or close relatives of people working for a foundation; people or organizations who are part of the selection committee and their relatives cannot compete.
* The competitor in the CONCEPT IDEA Lot is not expected to have a registered legal entity and thus they don’t need to present an annual revenue stream (During the presentation they can provide an information on their investment in human resources, research, materials, prototype or other in-kind/cash resources)
* The competitor in the ADVANCE IDEA Lot must have a registered legal entity (NGO or SME) and a maximum annual revenue stream (income as profit from selling/service) of 20 000 EUR (During the presentation they should give an overview of the current proof of concept (sales plan, current revenue, number of clients and their scale-up strategy).
Presentations are conducted by competitors accompanied by the respective foundation representative. Foundation staff may intervene on behalf of the presenter to supply pertinent information or to clarify the idea. The order of presentations will be alphabetical by the last name of competitors. Presentations may be accompanied by PowerPoint or a short movie. Competitors may bring printed materials or sample products to display or distribute to the jury. This is not mandatory.
Length - Each presentation will last for a total of 20 minutes
10 minutes will be reserved for the presentation
10 minutes will be reserved for questions from the jury (other participants are not allowed to ask questions)
Language - The working language of the conference will be English.
A foundation representative will serve as an interpreter if the presenter of the idea does not speak English or needs assistance. Any presentation materials, including PowerPoint presentations, should be translated into English prior to submission to the BGF.
REGIONAL COMPETITION APPLICATION DUE DATE
Each year, the competition is organized in the period between July and September. If a regional competitor would like to use materials such as PowerPoint presentations, photos, videos, etc. in their presentation, they must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the competition. The due date is always indicated in the registration form.